Saturday, May 25, 2013

DIY: Using Tea Bags as Beauty Treatments at Home


Lately, I’ve been drinking hot teas in my pursuit for a healthy living lifestyle. I particularly like Jasmine Green Tea but I also love Chamomile scented teas.  I love that my bowel movement is doing good and I actually feels extra fresh. Last week I had an idea of using tea bags as beauty DIY treatments. Since I’ve been drinking a lot of teas why not use the bags first before throwing it out. Right?
I researched a lot of fun and amazing beauty treatments, compiled it and would like to share it to you.




A study concluded that ½ cup of green tea have the same antioxidant possibility as 1 kg of a fresh fruit! That’s pretty amazing for ½ cup of tea! Who here consumes 1 kg of mango in one sitting? I could finish a cup of green tea in 2 minutes! It is pack with vitamins that fight free radicals and also a known anti-inflammatory agent. Take note that black teas might cause staining so if you’ll leave it for a while test it first somewhere else. It is best to use green tea if you won’t rinse the tea for a while.




Fix for Tired Eyes
Using two teabags place it first in the fridge. Once needed place one teabag over each eye and allow to stay for about 15 minutes. I love doing this on my rest days also known as my beauty rituals day. This makes my eyes feels fresh and alive from all the strenuous work. Sometimes I also soak cotton pads in my 2nd round brew and lay them on my eyes. Researchers say that tea is capable to penetrating tissues of the eyes. It is also proven that tannin (a component of tea) reduces swelling and antioxidants help eliminate inflammation. Also the caffeine helps shrink the appearance of blood vessels.



Acne Control
Recently, I’ve been suffering from cystic acne maybe caused by my raging hormones. Since tea has anti-inflammatory effects applying it topically may do the trick. I place a warm teabag on the acne for 10 minutes then I let it dry. I like doing this before going to sleep. Like I said a while ago tea helps reduce swelling, so application over that red pimple would do the trick.


Refreshing Toner
I think green tea is the best tea aside from being high in strong antioxidants and pack with vitamins. It also offers sun damage protection by scavenging free radicals. Can you believe that? You could actually use this in the morning prior your sunblock to aid in protecting skin. Cool right? It doesn’t feel greasy or anything at all.

I just add water again to my tea bag and let it steep for 5 minutes. Then I soak my Konjac Sponge for another 5 minutes. I then gently massage the sponge on my face and would let it dry on my skin. I’ll rinse it after 30 minutes.
It would also good to use the freshly “brewed” tea as ice cube toners. I place them on the freezer and take it out on hot afternoons apply it on my skin. Instant refreshing toner!

Sunburn Relief
Tannins are great in soothing sunburn. Let teabags steep for about an hour and refrigerate to cool. Soak a cloth and apply on the affected area. Also lightly compressing the burned area would help. Do not rinse and repeat as desired. I never experience sunburns since I’m always wearing sunblock.
Power Feet
Soak feet with the freshly brewed tea for several minutes. Do not rinse and pat dry. The tannins in tea help fight odor-causing bacteria. Also take note that wet or damp feet is a great breeding ground for bacteria so never wear socks when feet are still damp and always use socks whenever using closed shoes. Using this tip wouldn’t work if you don’t let your feet dry.


No comments:

Post a Comment