Sunday, June 23, 2013

My Current Skincare Routine

Hi! Howdy! Rainy season has officially started. Gone are the days of intense sweating and practically staying in front of the fridge just to ease the hot feeling. Anyway, I wanna share my current skincare routine. Basically these could be bought in department and grocery stores but the special stuff are from my derma. :D

For the past months I have stuck to a firm routine of skincare products. I like trying new products and seeing how they would suit my skin but since my skin has been acting out lately I promised myself to stick with this routine for a while. I really want to try products from Lancome, Clarins and Estee Lauder when it comes to skincare but since my wallet is not suited for those products yet I'm on the lookout for those products that can work without breaking the purse. Though honestly I would not settle for something cheap but will not work well on me. I'd rather buy something more expensive but will work well. 


Removing makeup
When I was younger I have ben removing makeup with just plain facial foam and water but then i noticed that even after washing my face thoroughly there still traces of makeup once I apply my toner that's when I begun my search for that cheap but effective makeup remover. I prefer cleansing oils since it effectively removes waterproof makeup. I've got a couple of sachets of Shu Uemura cleansing oil. I've used up 2 sachets already for about a month. Can you believed that? I only use a few drops on my face and massage it throughly then I add water to emulsify it and viola soft, smooth, clean face.

Cleansing
I use my derma's glycolic facial wash. It is really gentle. I never experienced any stinging or irritation even with constant use. This bottle in picture has 10% left after I've got it last January. Costs me around Php300 if I am not mistaken.

Toning
I've been an avid fan of Celeteque. They're products are all effective and affordable. Before I use their oil control toner but the alcohol content is not really for me. I loved that it makes my pores less visible but I hate that it makes my skin feel tight. I tried the alcohol free variant which has witch hazel extract and I love it to bits. A few days ago I've started using again my SkinWhite Advanced Whitening Facial Cleanser since I want to speed up the lightening of my acne marks.  It has alcohol too but I love that it contains Niacinamide and Salicylic Acid. Niacinamide is known for whitening and Salicylic Acid for prevention of pimples.

Moisturizing
Also got a couple of sample sachets of Physiogel AI Lotion which I really love. It is very moisturizing and it calms down irritated skin. There was a time when my skin is peeling from excessive acne solution I applied for my acne and it is the ONLY moisturizer that covers the peeling skin. Another moisturizer I love is Celeteque's Hydration Facial Moisturizer. This one has dimethicone in it which is silicone. Silocone based products tend to clogged my pores but this lightweight moisturizer never clogged my pores. I love that it helps my liquid foundation applies more smoothly.

Weekly
My weekly routine would just be Mint Julep masque, scrubbing my face with Pond's Facial Scrub to lift dead skin but I'm thinking of buying either St. Ive's Apricot Scrub or their Microdermabrasion variant. Not yet sure. :)I also apply calamansi juice on my face to help lighten acne marks.



AM

1. Wash face with my derma's glycolic facial wash
2. Cleanse again with either Celeteque Alcohol Free toner or SkinWhite Advanced Whitening Facial Cleanser
3. Apply Clindamycin Solution from derma
3. Prep skin with either of the three: Celeteque Hydration Facial Moisturizer, Physiogel AI Lotion and Olay Total Effects Day Cream in Gentle
4. Apply sunblock gel from derma
Then MAKEUP!



PM

1. Remove makeup using Shu Uemura cleansing beauty oil premium A/O advanced formula
2. Wash face with glycolic facial wash
3. Cleanse again with either Celeteque Alcohol Free toner or SkinWhite Advanced Whitening Facial Cleanser
4. Apply Clindamycin Solution, Glowing Solution, Superwhitening Cream and Tretinoin gel.



WEEKLY

1. Cleanse face with Pond's Antibacterial Facial Scrub
2. Apply Mint Julep Masque
3. Wash face with water and remove all traces of the masque
4. Apply calamansi juice and leave for 1 hour



No comments:

Post a Comment